Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Term is (Almost) Over

I have now completed all of duties as president of my church council. I am still president until the council meeting on January 7, 2009, but unless something urgent comes up before then, I am finished. However, I will not be able to hand off the "president's bag" on the 7th, as it is two days before the qualifying exam I will take. (I anticipate the night of the 9th of January will involve some drinking.)

But I have received the lectionary material for the sermon I will be giving on February 1st. So now I need to review the material and decide if I want to follow the lectionary or go off on something else. I still have a couple of months, though. And on the note of the sermon, those of you who read this regularly are invited to the service to see it (and perhaps see me make a fool of myself in the process). Please come. Maybe the average age of the people in attendance can be brought below 55 for a change.

Lest I forget, I still need to sign up for classes for next semester. I'm thinking about taking the second semester of partial differential equations, a topics in applied math course, perhaps the first semester of numerical analysis, and maybe an introduction to research topics course. I should probably meet with my advisor at some point about that...

Also, congratulations to Roscoe Bartlett for being the last Republican congressman from Maryland.

No comments: