So, it appears that Liberty University disbanded their chapter of the College Democrats. The reason is that the group "stood against the moral principles" of Liberty University. In other words, they seem to be saying that one cannot be Christian and a Democrat.
At the same time, I wonder how one can be a Republican and a Christian, sometimes (okay, it is reasonable on some issues).
Liberty does have every right to do this, although I wonder how much state and federal funding through grants and scholarships for students they stand to lose. I also wonder if the IRS is interested in all of this.
Yes, some of the right-wing "Christian" groups seem to have abandoned Christ's teachings. Remember, Jesus spent a lot of time with people the religious establishment called outcasts. He also saved his harshest criticism for the religious authorities of his day. Maybe those lessons have been lost.
Reload, Restart, Respawn, Return
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment