Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just About Moved In

When we last left off, I was frantically getting ready for the move. That has been completed, as has the unpacking. But there are a few things that still need to be done:
  • Get the proper Internet jack working. Until they fix the Internet jack that's supposed to work, they turned on the one in the bedroom (the one that I would normally have to pay extra for) until they fix the right one until tomorrow. Of course, that means I can't set up voicemail since the data port and the phone are on different panels.
  • Get cable hooked up. The Comcast representative comes tomorrow.
  • Get a few things. Most are relatively small (fire extinguisher, water pitcher for the fridge, a different lamp since the screw on the switch won't actually turn the switch, etc.), but I still need a futon. I will look at Wal-Mart when I go to Frederick County on Thursday.
  • Get ready for the gathering this weekend.
  • Put stuff on walls. This will probably be the last thing done. Don't be surprised if this is not done by the weekend.

So far the area seems pretty nice; I found out where the nearest food store (Shoppers'), the nearest Target, and the nearest bank branch are. And I've been visited by five people thus far. So far, I'm liking the apartment. We'll see how I feel when I have to keep it up and deal with my classes and work.

1 comment:

Mairead said...

You might need to go poster shopping. The place looked a bit, um...spartan. (And not the 300 variety.)