The first week of boot camp is over, and I have to say I am enjoying it, despite having my homework finished by nine only on Thursday and Friday (and being finished "early" on Friday only because the professors don't assign work on Friday). But it is nice to finally get back into things and review some math that I haven't used in a year. And we get paid. Our stipend checks came out yesterday, so after taxes, I am about $2200 richer than I was a couple of days ago. (If you are keeping track, the U.S. Treasury is $500 richer, and the state Maryland $2700 poorer, as it received roughly $300 in taxes.)
The only thing is that the next few weeks will follow this week's format. At least I have a couple of things coming up during the weekends that will break the monotony. Tomorrow, I go back up to Frederick to see pretty much the entirety of my mom's side of the family, as my aunt and uncle from New Mexico are in town. And then there is Otakon weekend in two weeks, I think. Unless something extraordinary happens, I will not be attending the actual convention, but I do plan to make it to Baltimore that weekend, as long as I can find a place to crash. It will be good to see people again.
Aside from that, I get to start looking at what health plan I want, and wait for advising at the end of August to find out what classes I will take. Then there's that TA thing. Apparently, all the TAs in the math department are assigned at the end of August. Slightly different from St. Mary's, when I knew I was TAing analysis about five months before the fall semester started. It should be fun. Oh, and did I mention those qualifying exams?
Reload, Restart, Respawn, Return
14 years ago
1 comment:
I've got a floor/couch, but I'm in and out all weekend (robotics competition), and the boyfriend is down that weekend, too. (So limited possibility for rides and stuff, sadly.) But people finally get to meet Alex!
Post a Comment