Well, I've been reminded that I'm getting older.
Yesterday, I decided to visit my grandmother before I move down to College Park tomorrow (hoping there are no last-minute snafus). In the course of the 90-minute (or so) conversation, she mentioned a young lady (about 20 years old) she knows from church. Apparently, the young lady has blond hair. And my grandmother actually mentioned the idea that if this young lady (whose name was not mentioned) or I needed an escort for some event, well, you get where this is going.
Of course, I'm sitting there with a blank look on my face, not exactly knowing how on earth to respond. (I was able to change the conversation to a short discussion about my young cousin's relationship.) But I have a feeling this was a not-so-subtle hint about great-grandchildren. After all, I am the oldest grandchild on that side of the family and I am also the one who gets to pass on the family name (no pressure or anything).
So, yeah, that moving thing is supposed to be tomorrow. Let's see how that works out...
Reload, Restart, Respawn, Return
14 years ago
2 comments:
At least you're all moved in at this point. Any luck with the internets?
Welcome to the wonderful world of projected expectations.
At least it's not to "So. When are you making me a grandparent?" yet.
Post a Comment